Module 12 —
- Provide an overview of data analysis
- Demonstrate various data analysis techniques (quantitative and qualitative)
After you collect the data your next step is to compile and analyze it. Data analysis can be as simple or complex as you want to make it. Your evaluation design and evaluation questions will also dictate the level of complexity.
This module gives an overview of data analysis, and walks you through a number of data analysis techniques. The module includes both quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques that are simple to understand and easy to use. None of the techniques described require more than 6th grade math skills.
- What is data analysis?
- Simple frequency counts
- Calculating percentages
- Showing changes or differences
- Reaching an objective or goal
- Observing trends
- Graphing results
- Calculating averages
- Calculating weighted averages
- Rank ordering weighted averages
- Graphing weighted averages
- Using qualitative data (focus group/interview information)
Analyzing Data [PPT]
ACRN Evaluation Workbook [WORD]
User Guide [WORD]